miércoles, 13 de junio de 2012

Series to watch: Girls


I've been watching girls for several weeks now, I originally started seeing it because some people where critizing the fact that most characters in this series are light skin, something not very common in a New York were there's a really big mixture of cultures. 

Well, I most say I really like it. The series revolves on the live of Hannah (who's parents stop giving her money, so now she has to work to pay her bills) and her three friends: Marnie, Jessa and Shoshana who are facing everyday problems in a big city like New York. If your like quirky fashion then this series is perfect for you because every girl has a personal style, it's something like Sex and the City just with less glamour and money. Marnie has great style ver preppy I will say, Jessa may be the hipster/cool girl who always stands out in the crowd for what she's wearing, Shoshana will  be the girly girl who wears a lot of pink and of course Hannah will be the one with the quirky style. 

So, what do you think? Have you watch it yet? 

------------------------------------------------
He visto casi todos los episodios de Girls, principalmente lo empecé a ver debido a que mucha gente criticaba que la mayoría de los personajes eran de piel blanca, algo muy raro en Nueva York para ser una ciudad llena de diferentes culturas. 

Sin embargo, me gustó mucho. La serie se desenvuelve alrededor de Hannah (quien sus papás le dejaron de dar dinero y ahora tiene que trabajar para pagar sus propias cuentas) y sus amigas: Marnie, Jessa y Shoshana quienes enfrentan los problemas de vivir en una ciudad como Nueva York. Si les gusta la moda esta es una excelente serie ya que cada persona tiene su estilo, es algo como Sex and the City pero con menos glamour y dinero. Marnie quien se viste muy preppy, Jessa quien parece una hipster con mucho estilo siempre resaltando en la multitud por su outfit, Shoshana quien es muy girly y Hannah quien tiene un estilo muy quirky/ñoño. 

           ¿La han visto? ¿Qué les parece?


Marnie, Jessa, Hannah and Shoshana 
Loved this photoshoot, very the virgin suicides. 



7 comentarios:

  1. I love it!
    The second pic the best :)
    Have a good day sweetie ,
    kiss from Brazil
    www.scarlletgs.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I've been hearing so much about this show, I'll have to check it out!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I'm glad you reviewed this show! I've been debating watching it for a while!

    xo,
    Courtney (your newest follower)
    http://girlavantgarde.wordpress.com/

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it's really great.

    Nice blog! I'm your newest follower.

    Catherine
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. la tendré que ver jj pork seguro que m gusta, acabo de descubrir tu blog y me encanta, yo hace poco que he empezado con mi blog y me encantaria que te pasases y me dieses tu opinión, nos seguimos?

    http://everydaymmv.blogspot.com.es

    ResponderEliminar
  6. La empecé hace unos días y vi todos los capítulos que hay hasta ahora, no es de mis preferidas, pero me gustó, aunque hay partes raras raras jaja

    Un beso :)

    ResponderEliminar
  7. This review was so helpful to me! I was considering watching the series but wanted to know just a little bit more about it :) Thanks! :)
    xxx,
    Lily
    http://lilycupcake.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar